Configuring Microsoft Outlook
Updated Thursday, September 10, 2020
In this short guide, we make a few assumptions:
- Your domain is configured correctly and active in the Migadu administration panel
- Your mailbox is active and it may be accessed via our webmail.
- You are using a recent version of Outlook. Older versions of Outlook may run on nowadays unsupported TLS/SSL protocols.
Add Mail Account
Launch the Outlook application on your computer. While this guide refers to a Mac version of Outlook, the configuration remains the same or very similar across all Outlook versions.
If this is a fresh Outlook installation, there are no accounts configured yet. Outlook will immediately pop up the new account wizard. Otherwise, you will have to start it yourself. From the Outlook preferences, select Accounts.
If presented with a big Add Email Account button, you can use that one, otherwise, note the little plus under the left side column. Use either to start the new account wizard.
Now you can enter the email address of your Migadu mailbox. In the screenshots we have used the Migadu demo account, but you should replace that one with your own details.
Outlook will attempt to detect the account settings automatically, but that may or may not succeed.
Choose IMAP/POP as provider now which will bring up the server settings.
We assume you want IMAP protocol, so please select Type IMAP and enter your mailbox credentials, always using the full email address as username. Configure the server addresses as given below.
- Incoming Server is imap.migadu.com on port 993. SSL must be enabled.
- Outgoing Server is smtp.migadu.com on port 465. SSL must be enabled.
Click Add Account.